Menopause in the workplace – 3-day course
This course has been designed to generate awareness of the menopause in the workplace. The course aims to raise awareness of the menopause among workplace reps (of any gender) including those who may not have any experience of the menopause and the issues it raises in the workplace for their members.
Who is the course for?
All union health and safety reps.
How long is the course?
This is a 3-day course
What will the course help me to do?
The course aims to:
• Create awareness of the menopause in the workplace and the symptoms women can experience
• Help reps consider various workplace factors that may negatively impact on workers experiencing the menopause
• Consider practices and environments within the workplace that may put the health and safety of menopausal women at risk and/or may be considered discrimination against workers experiencing the menopause
• Consider best practice for workplace and unions to tackle the workplace issues facing workers experiencing the menopause
• Develop skills to start the conversation about menopause in the workplace, negotiate on policy and speak to your branch/employer
Can I get time off to learn?
Union representatives who wish to attend TUC courses in working time should first ask their employer for time off with pay. The Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 and the Safety Representatives and Safety Committee Regulations 1977 give accredited union and safety representatives a legal right to reasonable time off with pay to attend courses approved by the TUC or their union. Guidance towards establishing what constitutes reasonable time off can be found in the ACAS Code of Practice (pdf).
Representatives who find difficulty in obtaining paid time off to attend TUC courses should seek assistance from their senior union representative or full time union officer.
How much is the course?
There are no course fess for union reps from TUC affiliated unions.
For further information please contact your TUC Education Officer .
|TypeSort by Type Ascending||LocationSort by Location Ascending||DatesSort by Dates Ascending||DurationSort by Duration Ascending|
|Classroom||City of Bristol College||27 Feb 2020 to 12 Mar 2020 |
|3 day block||Apply for this course|
|Classroom||Ruskin College||-||3 days||Apply for this course|
|Classroom||East Coast College||17 Mar 2020 to 19 Mar 2020 |
Tuesday - Thursday
|3 days||Apply for this course|